The mommy makeover is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures that we perform in our practice.
Every week, we have new patients coming in to ask about this procedure. Still, many people aren’t exactly sure what a mommy makeover actually involves.
Let’s take a look.
What Is a Mommy Makeover?
The term mommy makeover is sort of a catchall for a number of procedures that can be combined to ultimately achieve a woman’s physical goals for her body. Essentially, mommy makeovers can improve a woman’s physique and boost her confidence with little fear after she’s done having children .
Here are some of the procedures that may be performed in a mommy makeover:
Pregnancy, weight gain, labor and childbirth, weight loss, and breastfeeding can all take their toll on a woman’s body. Once a mother has gone through some or all of these experiences (sometimes more than once with multiple children), she is often left with areas of her body that she would like to improve.
After having children, it’s not uncommon for women to struggle with excess weight in inconvenient places, for example. She may have a “pooch” on the lower abdomen or “love handles” (flanks). Stretch marks, excess skin on the abdomen, and sagging breasts are other common issues that can be remedied with a mommy makeover.
Procedures to Consider
- Liposuction: Liposuction is very commonly performed with mommy makeover surgeries. Liposuction aims to get rid of excess body fat in hard-to-reduce areas like the flanks, abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. These are the places where it’s difficult to lose weight — even with diet and exercise. Liposuction is often performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck.
- Tummy tuck: The tummy tuck surgery can take care of that “pooch” that often appears after pregnancy and childbirth. Tummy tucks are not weight loss procedures. The patient needs to be within a regular healthy weight range before they can get a tummy tuck. During the procedure, muscle repair or tightening is generally performed alongside excess skin removal, depending on the needs of the patient.
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation surgery is another term for breast implant surgery. Silicone or saline breast implants will be inserted into the breast tissue to give them more volume and a fuller, rounder appearance. Patients can speak with Dr. Raja Mohan to decide on the size, shape, and type of implants they would like to have.
- Breast lift (breast mastopexy): A breast lift does not use implants. Rather, it uses the patient’s own breast tissue, which is simply lifted and manipulated so that the breasts appear fuller, perkier, and more youthful. Other issues such as abnormal positioning of the nipples and drooping skin can be addressed as well.
- Breast reduction: Some women would like to reduce the overall size and volume of their breasts instead of enlarging these aspects. Breast reduction can help women feel more comfortable in their own skin. It can also reduce rashes caused by undergarments and pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
What to Expect During and After Surgery
Your mommy makeover surgery will take place at a hospital or at an Staff will greet you on the day of your surgery and help you prepare for the procedure. You will have discussed the details of your procedure during your consultation appointment and pre-surgery appointments with Dr. Raj. He will also go over the finer points with you before your surgery in the preoperative holding area.
During your procedure, the first thing that will happen is you will be placed under anesthesia by an anesthesiologist. In the operating room, the procedure generally takes between three and six hours. Which procedures are performed and how will vary greatly as mommy makeovers are almost always different from patient to patient.
Mommy makeovers are outpatient procedures, so you will be able to go home under the care of a trusted family member or friend shortly after your surgery. Swelling and some pain and discomfort is normal for a few weeks. Dr. Raj will give you a prescription for pain medication, compression garments, and detailed instructions on how to care for your surgical sites and any side effects of surgery.
Why Get a Mommy Makeover?
Motherhood is unquestionably a miraculous experience, and mothers are amazing people. They love unconditionally, work tirelessly, and act selflessly.
Still, with all that selflessness, one thing is often left untended: Self-care for themselves.
So many mothers spend so much time taking care of their children and families that they spend little time looking after their own care.
Add to that the physical toll that pregnancy, labor, weight gain and loss, and breastfeeding can have on the body, and this can leave mothers feeling completely worn out. Many moms end up embarrassed that they haven’t been able to fit back into their pre-pregnancy jeans or that their breasts aren’t as perky as they once were.
This is where a mommy makeover can help.
Are You Ready for Your Mommy Makeover? You Deserve It
You deserve to feel confident, attractive, and sexy in your own body.
Mommy makeovers are catered to you and your needs and wants. You can do as much or as little as you want to feel confident in your body and physique. That’s what a mommy makeover is all about.
Ready to get started? It all begins with booking a consultation appointment. Make your appointment today about the improvements you’d like to see in your body.
You deserve this!